SEO Rank Monitor proudly announce the release of our brand new feature, a YouTube video’s rank tracking in Google and Google Videos.
Wonder how your videos perform against your competitors? Planning a YouTube SEO campaign? Need more organic traffic from YouTube? Stop shopping around!
Thanks to SEO Rank Monitor you can now perform detailed rank checking of YouTube videos for specific keywords in Google and Google Videos tab.
We update rankings daily to offer you the most up to date picture of YouTube videos. Every single day.
YouTube is the second largest search engine: 1 billion viewers, billions of daily views, 50% viewers for mobile devices.
YouTube viewers not only look for specific keywords, but spend minutes and hours watching videos related to those keywords. You must connect with this highly engaged community to drive quality traffic to your website.
So, how’s to put your YouTube video in front of the right people? It’s a fairly standard SEO process: you want to make sure your video is found when people look for your targeted keywords. But it is essential you go through the exercise below to make sure your video shows up as a result in Google and Google Video searches.
Even before starting the whole thing, you must ensure you have a compelling and comprehensive video. More than other search engines, YouTube emphasizes user engagement measured (among few others) by 3 metrics:
- Watch time: average percentage of your video that people watch. If you keep them to their screen up until the last second of your video, good; if they stop after few seconds of playing, that’s a bad sign: either your video is not relevant or quality is poor (or both).
- Viewer engagement: a single comment, or social media share, or thumb up, or channel subscription does not affect your ranking. But if the same guy shares your content, and likes it, and makes positive comments, this is a signal for YouTube that your video deserves a higher ranking. So these actions must be taken in context to affect your ranking.
- Video length: the longer the better.
Once your awesome video is in place you can start a very standard SEO process:
- Do your homework first, with a keyword research to find out keywords taking YouTube video in the first page of Google. Try “Galaxy Note4 tutorial” for instance; first 3 results are videos. Bingo! Be aware that Google tend to use video results for searches including “how to”, “review”, “tutorial”, etc. and also for searches on specific fields, such as sport and funny things.
- Choose your most relevant keywords, based on proximity to your content and traffic (e.g. you want to optimize for keywords used in few hundreds of searches a month).
- You are now ready to shoot your video. Make sure to have a compelling content and few minutes’ length.
- Use your keywords in these attributes: video filename, video title (up to 66 characters to be properly shown in Google), tags (up to 120 characters), and description (800 words max, with the first 25 characters visible on YouTube searches).
- Most important piece is the description: search engines can’t actually watch your video, so they rely on what you put into your description. And remember: link your website at the very top of the description to make sure it is shown!
Have a go now, and do not forget using our new YouTube video rank tracking feature. Your best friend to step to and monitor your video SEO campaign!
Not a SEO Rank Monitor user?
Take advantage of our 14-day free trial here, and enjoy today’s video ranking release.SIGN UP HERE FOR A 14 DAY FREE TRIAL!